Terms + Conditions
By utilizing any of the products, services and/or information of TOB Parent School (TOBPS), including but not limited to TOBPS website, TOB Monthly (TOBM) Littles/Kids/Middles/Teens, and TOB Communities (TOBC) of (city), ministry community member (anyone who intentionally utilizes resources of TOBPS, formally or informally) acknowledges an understanding that this ministry only intentionally associates with those who abide by its Code of Conduct which is rooted in its sincerely held religious beliefs and which this ministry believes reflects a relationship representative of a walk with the suffering Christ. Ministry community member acknowledges they have read, understood, and agree to abide by this Christian Code of Conduct and that this ministry reserves the right to correct said community member (up to and including termination from the community) for any action(s) in violation of this Code of Conduct. Ministry community members acknowledge a deep respect for and adherence to the Statement of Faith. Ministry community members acknowledge the limitations of use of TOBPS website, and its publication TOBM. Ministry community members acknowledge the limitations of partnerships between TOBPS and TOBC of (city), where applicable.
Statement of Faith
Marriage and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as either male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union and with openness to the creation of new life (Gen. 2:18-25; 1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). While we desire to walk in empathy with people in all of life’s sufferings, our faith does not support actions in contradiction to the above stated belief on marriage and sexuality, including but not limited to same-sex unions, gender transition surgeries, and curriculum or benchmarks that promote these contradictions to children.
Sanctity of Human Life
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life, in every stage (Ps. 139). Our faith does not support actions in contradiction to natural conception and death, including but not limited to contraception, sterilization, reproductive technology, abortion, and euthanasia.
Sources of Information and Inspiration
We believe in the events and lessons contained in the Catholic Bible, the statements of the Nicene Creed, the laws of the 10 Commandments, the Great Commandments of Jesus Christ, and the teachings of Saint John Paul II’s Theology of the Body.
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. We rely on the Catholic Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind as well. For purposes of TOB Parent School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is TOB Parent School’s final interpretive authority on the Catholic Bible’s application to beliefs and conduct. Along with the Catholic Bible, we align all that we do, say, believe, and teach with the Nicene Creed and the following Christian Anthropology Standards (CAS), as based on Saint Pope John Paul II’s teaching Man and Woman, He Created Them (the Theology of the Body), and as upheld and affirmed by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church:
1. All God’s creation is a gift (CAS 1)
2. People are ordered differently from + above animals (CAS 2)
3. Males + females both have full dignity, with different bodies (CAS 3)
4. Our body + soul are unified; the body reveals the person (CAS 7+8)
5. Our human nature is inherently good, and though fallen, can be redeemed + is made for Heaven (CAS 9+12)
6. We need to see the true person (self and others) as a revered gift (CAS 4+10)
7. Freely offering yourself in service makes a sincere and mutual gift-of-self (CAS 5+6)
8. We are all called to live love in marriage or consecrated life (CAS 11)
Code of Conduct Policy
1. Policy Inclusions. This ministry’s code of conduct is rooted in its sincerely held religious beliefs and is consistent with the following:
The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17)
The Great Commandments as stated by Jesus Christ (Matt. 22:37-40)
The Statement of Faith
2. Personal Conduct. Ministry community members must conduct their personal affairs so there can be no opportunity for unfavorable reflections upon the Christian beliefs and mission of the ministry, either expressed or implied. The use of common sense, good ethical standards and discretion will guide all who are called into community with the ministry in proper conduct. Failure to maintain reasonable standards is subject to correction, up to and including termination, from the ministry community. It is expected that all members of our ministry community will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with biblical standards, values, and character.
3. Rules of Conduct. In every organization where many people interact on a regular basis, some specific rules and policies are necessary to establish acceptable standards of conduct, assure fair treatment of all members of the community, and enhance the smooth operation of the organization. Ministry community members are expected to become familiar with and abide by the standards outlined in this policy. The purpose of these rules is to maintain a community environment that protects the safety and dignity of each community member without placing unreasonable restrictions on anyone. Ministry community members are expected to model appropriate behavior and conduct both on and off-site and model relationships that demonstrate a growing Christ-likeness manifested in a lifestyle that serves and gives itself to reconcile others. Ministry community members are also expected to model appropriate language on and off-site and model speech that demonstrates a growing Christ-likeness (Ephesians 5:4). Ministry community members shall maintain appropriate attitudes of concern for others. Problems concerning ministry community members’ roles, relationships, and professional conduct should first be handled directly with the person involved. If a satisfactory resolution cannot be concluded, the matter should move up the relevant chain of responsibility. Specifically, ministry community members shall respect the integrity and confidences of other community members and those outside of our community attending any of our ministry’s functions. Ministry community members are expected to operate within their respective roles. In summary, Christian ethics demand that ministry community members act in love and integrity, in confidentiality, and in alignment with the mission/purpose of this ministry.
4. Inappropriate Conduct. Violation of ministry rules and policies may result in an oral warning, a written warning, and/or termination of a member’s role in the ministry community. There is no requirement that discipline be progressive or that a warning be given prior to demotion or any other corrective action, including discharge from the ministry community. Set forth below are some examples of misconduct which will not be tolerated by the ministry. This list is not exhaustive and examples are not listed in order of seriousness.
Falsification of information or ministry records.
Engaging in any activity which a ministry community member knows, or has reason to know, will adversely affect the mission of the ministry.
Engaging in sexual acts and/or relationships outside the confines of biblical marriage between one man and one woman.
Deliberate damage or destruction of any ministry property - physical or intellectual - or the property of any ministry community member.
Engaging in criminal conduct.
Using abusive language at any time on-site.
Wearing inappropriate styles of dress (including dressing in such a way as to willfully reject one’s biological sex (Gen. 1:27) or in immodest ways).
Violation of any safety, health, security or ministry policies, rules or procedures.
Unlawful harassment including harassment of a sexual nature (with the understanding that this ministry reserves the right to operate according to its sincerely held religious beliefs about biblical marriage and sexuality and therefore does not define “harassment” as including any enforcement of, or adherence to, its biblical principles and expectations in the areas of marriage, sexuality, dress, and discipline).
Engaging in behavior that suggests a willful violation of the religious beliefs and practices of the ministry including engaging in sexual acts and/or relationships outside the confines of biblical marriage between one man and one woman and rejection of one’s sex assigned by God at birth.
Slander, gossip, and/or breach of confidentiality.
If a ministry community member has any doubt about whether certain conduct will constitute behavior that suggests a willful violation of the religious beliefs and practices of the ministry, the community member should ask an appropriate ministry leader.
Statement on use of TOBPS website and TOBM publication
The information provided by TOB Parent School (“we,” “us” or “our”) on www.tobparentschool.org (the “Site”) and TOB Monthly Littles/Kids/Middles/Teens (the “Publication”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site and the Publication is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site and the Publication. Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the Site and the Publication or reliance on any information provided on the Site and the Publication. Your use of the Site and the publication and your reliance on any information on the Site and the Publication is solely at your own risk.
External Links Disclaimer for Website
The Site and the Publication may contain (or you may be sent through the Site and the Publication links to) other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information offered by third-party websites linked through the site or any website or feature linked in any banner or other advertising. We will not be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
Professional Disclaimer for Website and Publication
The Site and Publication cannot and does not contain legal/medical/health advice. The legal/medical/health information is provided for general informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to consult with the appropriate professionals. We do not provide any kind of legal/medical/health advice. The use or reliance of any information contained on this Site and this Publication is solely at your own risk.
Affiliates Disclaimer for Website and Publication
The Site and the Publication may contain links to other websites, and we receive no affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Testimonials Disclaimer for Website and Publication
The Site and the Publication may contain testimonials by users of our products and/or services. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of such users. However, the experiences are personal to those particular users, and may not necessarily be representative of all users of our products and/or services. We do not claim, and you should not assume, that all users will have the same experiences. Your individual results may vary. The testimonials on the Site and the Publication are submitted in various forms such as text, audio and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being posted. They appear on the Site and the Publication verbatim as given by the users, except for the correction of grammar or typing errors. Some testimonials may have been shortened for the sake of brevity where the full testimonial contained extraneous information not relevant to the general public. The views and opinions contained in the testimonials belong solely to the individual user and do not reflect our views and opinions. Users are not paid or otherwise compensated for their testimonials. The testimonials on the Site and the Publication are not intended, nor should they be construed, as claims that our products and/or services can be used to diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure, prevent or otherwise be used for any disease or medical condition. No testimonials have been clinically proven or evaluated.
Statement on TOB Community Roles and Responsibilities
Disclaimer of Partnership
The relationship between TOB Parent School and TOB Community of (city) under this agreement is solely that of independent contractors. Each of the parties is in no way the legal representative or agent of the other party for any purpose, shall not in any way hold themselves out as such, and shall have no power to assume any binding obligation, expressed or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party. Partnerships are at-will and can be ended at any time by any party.
The parties to this agreement agree that each shall treat as confidential all information provided by a party to the others regarding such party’s operations and details. All confidential information provided by a party hereto shall be used by any other parties hereto solely for the purposes of rendering services pursuant to this Agreement and, except as may be required in carrying out the terms of this Agreement, shall not be disclosed to any third party without the prior consent of such providing party. The foregoing shall not be applicable to any information that is publicly available when provided or which thereafter becomes publicly available other than in contravention or which is required to be disclosed by any regulatory authority in the lawful and appropriate exercise of its jurisdiction over a party, any auditor of the parties hereto, by judicial or administrative process or otherwise by applicable law or regulation.
TOB Community (TOBC) hosts must adhere to Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct Policy included in this Terms and Conditions document, and all expectations set forth in the document TOBC Roles and Responsibilities. When a TOBC host hosts people in their home or at a third party venue, the TOBC host assumes legal responsibility for this gathering.
By utilizing our resources, ministry community member acknowledges an understanding that this ministry only intentionally associates with those who abide by its Code of Conduct which is rooted in its sincerely held religious beliefs, a deep respect for and adherence to our Statement of Faith, and the limitations of use of TOBPS website, and its publication TOBM, and of partnerships between TOBPS and TOBC of (city), where applicable.